- Pernsteiner scandals: Treetops, croissant abuse, voting fraud, Goldschmidt appointment, ...
- OUS Board members's secret phone numbers.
- Donegan and Pernsteiner fire Chip Kelly for making other Oregon teams look bad.
- Can individual OUS board members be sued if they fire Lariviere in the sham public meeting they are planning for Monday? I'm no law professor, but the answer is yes. Consider the recent Lane County case:
The commissioners "... willfully violated Oregon’s public meetings law in 2009 and are personally liable for hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal expenses." The judge wrote: "It was orchestrated down to the timing and manner of the vote so as to avoid any public discussion."
Sound familiar? Given that "personally liable" part, I'm wondering what lawyer advised OUS board chair Matt Donegan that he could privately poll his board and have them make a secret decision to fire Lariviere. OUS Counsel Ryan Hagemann? Dave Frohnmayer? Melinda Grier? Both the latter were part of recent proposals to provide legal advice to OUS.
- Irene Gerlingher supports Lariviere: "Politically appointed boards do strange things ..."
- Subversive UO Journalism video. Next it will be Occupy Treetops! But the contrarians at the OC have a different take - read it.
- 11/24 Greg Bolt RG roundup: Chemist Geri Richmond “There will be complete disregard on this campus for anything the chancellor has to say, or the board.” She was on the board when they hired Pernsteiner. Bolt has quotes from everyone - except Dave Frohnmayer. See below for why.
- UO Senate Petition for Lariviere's reinstatement: 2000 signatures in the first 8 hours, 4000 as of 8:30 PM Thursday
- Statement from the faculty union organizers at United Academics: "outraged, saddened, and dismayed"
- Phil Knight on the consequences for UO: "It’s yet another application of Oregon’s Assisted Suicide law."
- The not easily aroused Chip Kelly: "I'm kind of stunned. Lariviere has done a tremendous job." This Oregonian story has many other shocked responses.
- There's a twitter hashtag: #KeepLariviere and a "We Love Our Pres" facebook page. (Whoops, that's for Syria's Al Ashad. Never mind.)
- Dave Frohnmayer. Kitzhaber owes Frohnmayer, who filed the Bar complaint against Sean Riddell, the state prosecutor who went after Kitzhaber's girlfriend Cylvia Hayes for a shady energy consulting contract. And of course Frohnmayer and his pal Neil Goldschmidt helped Pernsteiner get the OUS job back in 2004. Pernsteiner reciprocated with this 2009 golden parachute contract for Frohnmayer. A bit too golden, as the state audit of that contract points out. Why does Frohnmayer hate Lariviere? Read his new 2011 UO contract with specific performance requirements regarding teaching and research expectations. Another year as UO President would mean $550,000 to top off Frohnmayer's $252,000 PERS payout - and give him a chance to get even with the UO faculty. Bring it on Dave.
- OUS Chancellor George Pernsteiner - sure, he's a few bricks shy of a PhD, but this would double his salary, and put him in good position for a serious PERS increase on retirement. Means, motive, and opportunity.
- Underneath rock #3 we find Lorraine Davis.
- Robin Holmes
- Bob Berdahl
- Phil Knight