Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost
Message for October 12, 2012
President Gottfredson has assessed the organizational structure of the University’s executive leadership team and we have made changes to better align the structure with his view of the roles of the president and provost. The changes include some personnel reporting directly to the president, some reporting directly to me, certain staff reporting directly to both of us and others reporting to the Vice Provosts. Lines of communication will be open to both of us regardless of reporting relationships.
The following page links to the new organizational chart and staff responsibility list:
Administrative Structure Highlights:
The following personnel report directly to President Gottfredson:
- General Counsel Randy Geller
- Intercollegiate Athletics Director Rob Mullens
- Development Vice President Michael Andreasen
- Finance and Administration Vice President Jamie Moffitt
The following personnel report jointly to the president and provost:
- Equity and Inclusion Vice President Yvette Alex-Assensoh
- Enrollment Management Vice President Roger Thompson
- Research and Innovation Vice President Kimberly Espy
- Student Affairs Vice President Robin Holmes
- University Relations Vice President Michael Redding
Of particular note here is the promotion of Roger Thompson from Vice Provost for Enrollment Management to Vice President of Enrollment Management in recognition of the importance of enrollment in all phases of the University, as well as Roger’s critical role in discussions of enrollment, tuition, financial aid and accessibility.
A number of reports to the provost’s office are now distributed between the provost, senior vice provost for academic affairs and the vice provost for academic affairs. The deans all report directly to the provost. All vice provosts and other reports to the provost’s office have direct access to the provost as needed.
Please send comments or questions to email@example.com.