9/1/2013: Forwarded by a helpful OA:
Open enrollment this year begins Sept 1 and goes through Oct 31. HR is asking us to complete it as soon as possible. Here is an excellent slide presentation with lots of good information: http://benefits.uoregon.edu/2%20Months2%20Steps.pdf
In a nutshell:
- You must take action during open enrollment.
- You must complete the Health Assessment if you are participating in the HEM.
- You must commit to do 2 healthy things in 2014 to participate in the HEM and must indicate that you DID 2 healthy things in 2013 (if you participated in the HEM this year) . If you say you did not, your premium and deductible as well as potentially your life insurance will be higher. For information about healthy options including how to “prove it”; please see this link: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/PEBB/Pages/HEMActivities.aspx This link should answer all of your questions about; “What did I need to do this year?”
- There are premium increases for both short and long term disability plans.
- Beginning October 1st, if you attend a gym at least 12 times per month, you will be eligible for a $15 per month subsidy. So far HR has no idea how this is going to work so watch for updates and tracking requirements.
- Free membership to the online Healthy Team U Program. Details here: https://pebb.healthyteam-secure.com/documents/HTHU-PEBB.pdf
- The surcharges for tobacco and partner opt out insurance are still in effect and are still the only surcharges. So you can be a crackhead without penalty, but…